Sunday, December 27, 2009

29 - Back to Khartoum

26th Boxing Day, Hotel Al Nadi, Khartoum

This will be a short one. The journey was 12 hours, with me seated in front. I can see the driver eat, drink, smoke, talk on the phone, repair the broken dvd player in the bus, all the while while driving. Multi-tasking, that and going really fast, overtaking the cars and horning away. Not that im complaining, we made Khartoum in quick time.

Found my favourite hotel, ah, it really feels like going home. Something familiar, even the hotel guy recognises me and i zoomed through all the admin registration stuff. Chucked my stuff aside, went out to look for dinner (more fuul!) and came here to the Internet place. Happy New Year everyone. I'm off to Kassala or elsewhere tomorrow. So might not be able to get online till next year =P.

I would love to check this blog's site statistics, but that will be in the next country. Over here, I keep getting "you are trying to access from an IP from a country sanctioned by the US govt" etc etc, so there is no way to check how many people have been visiting the blog. But cheers everyone if you are reading this. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have been following your blog, and its wonderful, keep up the good work:)
    More photos if you can...

    ReplyDelete